Wednesday, July 25, 2007

8 somewhat interesting things about me....






Hey everyone! I was tagged by Erin to do a 'meme' (I admit....I don't know what this means), but I do know that I'm supposed to tell you 8 interesting things about myself....not sure if there are that many interesting things about me, but here goes...




The Rules: “Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples’ sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.”




1. I have only grown about 2 1/2 inches since grade 7 (I am very short (5' 1 1/2 " or so)....I was keeping up till then, now I'm way behind!




2. You'd never know it to look at me not, but I used to be a little on the wild side....purple hair, spikey silver hair, crazy clothes....I'll try to post some pics once I borrow someone's scanner...it's totally ridiculous! I caused a bit of a stir in the Mennonite church I grew up in! Let me tell you, gossip was flying at Chicken Chef!




3. I love taking pictures....You might notice on my Blog that there won't be many pics with me in them (except for my wedding pics) because I am always the one behind the camera. I was looking for a pic to put by my blogging info, and I couldn't find one....pretty sad, hey? I'll have to get my hubby to take one just for that. My photography now consists mostly of my kids, but someday I'd like to get a really nice camera. I have a passion for close-ups: I have a friend who takes amazing pics of God's creation, and the close-ups are my favourite ( google Cory Loewen Photography: he's got images on Naturescapes.net). For now I just love capturing my kids on camera: their different expressions, and all of the funny and cute things they do.




4. I love music! When I'm not listening to Veggie Tales for the 1000th time, sometimes I can actually pop in one of my CD's. I've always had a thing for music. My parents say that when I was a kid, like2 or 3 years old, I would hear a song in church for the first time and come home singing it, words and all. As I got older, I got into piano...I remember hearing a song on the radio and saying that I wanted to learn to play that song, and I did. I don't play really anymore....just wasn't finding time for it, so we sold the piano. But I love singing a long to CD's, and praise and worship in church.




5. Okay...I've been holding it in long enough....yesterday morning I got to witness one of the coolest things ever! My dear friend asked me to videotape the delivery of her baby, and yesterday was the day! What an awesome experience. It was so neat to be on the other side of things....totally amazing! My first labour/delivery was really long and hard. We had planned a home birth, but had to go to the hospital. Now with our second, we were able to have him at home, and it was so much more relaxing. But when you're the one in labour, you kinda miss out on a lot of things because you're so focused. So today I really saw what it was all about! You did an amazing job, sweet friend...I am so incredibly proud of you! When I was pregnant with Elliott, God gave me a really cool vision of Him holding my little one until it was time for him to be born. It gave me such peace knowing that my baby was in His hands. "Life. What greater blessing was there for woman than to take part in God's creative power and bear a child for him?" (Francine Rivers).




6. On a lighter note, I love design shows! You name it...HGTV Design Star, Debbie Travis' 'From the Ground Up', Flip that House....I'm all over it. I'm not sure why, because it's not like my house is that 'designed', but we sure have lots of ideas! We finally started hanging pictures on the wall! I think I've always been leary of putting holes in the wall (Mom and Dad....I think you had something to do with this fear!), but we're finally doing it! Tyler and I take a really long time to choose things for our house, but we're on our way. Ty laid the tile in the entrance on Monday, and he did a great job.
































7. Wow...8 things is really hard! Let's see here. Oh....I can think of something....I'm really stubborn! Some people who don't know me super well might not believe this, but it's true! I think I inherited it from someone (I won't mention any names!), and I have passed it on to my daughter! Sometimes stubbornness can be a good thing....like when it comes to standing your ground for what you believe. But it can be bad...very very bad! I'm working on it!


8. I'm growing in my relationship with Jesus. When I first re-dedicated my life to Christ (after my wild teenager phase), I thought that in order to be a Christian you have to be happy all the time. I would always have a smile on my face, and people would always comment about how I was always happy, but sometimes that smile was fake. God has been teaching me so much over the years....sometimes I feel like I'll never get it! Recently he's been teaching me about Grace. I've been reading a book called "Grace Walk" (thanks mom and dad Mills!), and I've been learning so much. Here's a few choice quotes:

"Living the Christian life is similar to breathing...God never intended for the Christian Life to be a struggle. The Holy Spirit should flow from the life of a Christian as naturally as breathing. But many Christians are hyperventilating trying to do something for God."

"...grace can never be repaid. It has no price, not because is is worthless, but because is is priceless...God can do anything He wants to have done. He doesn't want what you can do. Jesus said that apart from Him, you can do nothing. Instead, He wants you."

"A person's behavior has absolutely no influence on God's love. He loves you because, in His grace, He has chosen to do so. You can't do anything to gain God's acceptance, because Jesus has already done everything to cause the Father to accept you." (Quotes from 'Grace Walk' by Steve McVey)

He talks about how hard it is to renounce our own self-sufficiency, and rest in Christ's sufficiency instead. He doesn't want us to just try to live for Him....He wants to be our life! Wow...what amazing grace!


Now I think I'm supposed to 'tag' 8 other people to do a 'meme'. Here goes:

















4 comments:

Erin said...

Your pictures on the wall look fab! And I can't wait to see pictures of you all crazy! Purple hair...hee, hee. Thanks for doing this meme. Don't worry, I don't know what it means either, just know you have to do them and tag people. It's all about the community of bloggers connecting and getting to know one another.

Bonnie said...

I HAVE to see the pictures of you with purple hair!! I was admiring those pics on our wall when I was babysitting the other day, they are beautiful.

joyce said...

hey Becky, I found my way over here and hey, who knew you tagged ME? Thanks, I'll get to that.

the pics are really really great. And weren't you the gal who told me she never got around to hanging pictures in her first house?!

svea said...

love the cool fact about you you are really cool and i love th epics. great blog