This past year God has taught me so many things, or I should say is in the process of teaching me so many things! There are two major things that I really felt God challenging me to do: 1. to be CONTENT: being happy with where I am in life and the things I have
2. to give over my fears, especially my fear of illness, which I've had since I was a child
God is so amazing. His grace is almost overwhelming at times! I've never been much for New Year's Resolutions, because they usually involve some form of guilt: like feeling bad about how we look, thus resolving that we will diet and eat healthier and exercise yada yada yada. Well as I have been looking forward to this year and spending some time in the Word, there are a few verses that I would like to make into my resolutions for this year.
" Let your gentleness be evident to all...Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7
"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12b-13
I want to be the best wife, mom, daughter, sister, and friend that I can be, and I can't do that on my own strength...because I always fail.
"But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self–control." Galatians 5:22-23
By the way, I had the best mommy moment ever today! We were all relaxing in the living room after supper and Noelle said something like, "I love you so much...you're my best friend." That just made my heart melt!
3 comments:
I like the idea of looking for a new year's resolution from the bible. I'm not one to make those either, but when it's coming from God's word, that's a whole new story! I'll have to look into that. Thanks for sharing.
By the way, I really had a GREAT time with you the other night, thanks for thinking of me!
ohhhhhhh
i love you becky!
good verse. one to reread again and again and again!
What a great post Becky! I think you are an awesome friend and mommy. And your Noelle moment was so great!
Post a Comment