Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Proud...

I just want to brag about my talented hubby for a bit. After losing his job, we both felt peace about not rushing into anything, and really seeking God about what to do next. I must admit, this was pretty scary for me, because I like to have a plan, and I also like to try to fix things. We knew that Tyler, being a very detailed artistic person, needed to find something that suited those qualities: something where he could really shine. So, he decided to try to "work for himself" for a bit, and see what happened. He's done some finishing and painting work for friends, helped a friend work on his house, and even learned how to do cultured stone! Look at this beautiful job he did on our dear friends' fireplace!


Honey, I totally admire your faith in our Provider. I am so proud of you for trying so many new things, and PERSEVERING when it got really tough. I love you, and I'm behind you 100%!!!

p.s. If you need any finishing jobs done (laminate floor, installing doors, trims and casings, cultured stone...let me know)

8 comments:

Lisa Clark said...

Great Job Tyler! So I keep waiting to hear your guys house has arrived and is being planted on the foundation... almost there?

Becky said...

Yes, it's here...I kept forgetting to take a picture, but I did today, and I'll post it tonight!

jb said...

yes, good job tyler... that looks awesome!! :)
and your house looks so good, i can't wait to be INSIDE of it!!

Roo said...

wow!beautiful.

Anonymous said...

very nice fireplace....can i order one :)
jocelyn

Anonymous said...

awesome job tyler!!!!!i knew you could do anything you put your hand to but that surpasses even what i expected.i believe that you have found your gifting.go for it.if the fire place is an indication of your work the house is going to be quite
something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love dad xxxxoooo

Becky said...

I think I'd like to order one too Jocelyn!!

Louise said...

WOW that is beautiful!!!