Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yummy BBQ'd Kabobs





I've decided that I'm going to try to post a recipe that I've tried once a week or so, just cause I like reading recipes on other people's blogs! One of my favourite recipe blogs is mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com ...you should check it out! This recipe I got from kraftcanada.com, and it was delicious, and really easy:

What You Need!
1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1-1/2 inch)
1 each: red and green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
1/2 cup KRAFT Original BarBQ Sauce (or any other BBQ sauce)
3 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (or you could leave this out and just do BBQ sauce)

Make It!
HEAT barbecue to medium-high heat. Using 8 long wooden skewers (placing 2, side-by-side, for each kabob), thread chicken alternately onto skewers with pineapple and peppers to make 4 kabobs.
MIX barbecue sauce and juice concentrate; brush lightly onto kabobs.
GRILL 8 to 10 min. or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce mixture.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Note
Soak wooden skewers in water 30 min. before using. Wrap ends with foil before grilling to prevent them from burning.
We had a side of bbq'd corn on the cob (which I put directly on the grill without husks on), and my dear friend Svea made a yummy rice pilaf...I'll have to get the recipe for that. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Roo said...

mmmmm
and now...
i am HUNGRY! looks so good.

Sheila said...

Mmmm looks yummy!!