Thursday, August 26, 2010

Date-nights





















We are trying to be intentional about spending quality time with the kids...one on one. It's amazing how much it blesses our relationships with them when we get the chance to be alone with them, and really connect.



Tyler took Elliott to a baseball game (with grandpa Mills), and they had a great time. Of course, Elliott's attention span is only so long and he started to get bored, but after the fact he only had great things to say about it!

Noelle and I got to go on a horseback riding date tonight, and we had a blast! (If you enjoy that sort of thing, definitely check out Horseback River Trails in Otterburne....it is wonderful). She was a little nervous at first, but in the end said something like "This was the best day of my life!". I was so blessed just to be with her, and enjoy her company. We ended the evening eating ice cream outside together. What a treat it is to be able to enjoy one-on-one time together! I find that I am so much more able to focus on them without having everyone needing my attention:) Definitely a tradition we want to keep developing, and doing more and more!

3 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

We've decided to do this kind of thing with our kids too. It's so special to spend one-on-one time with them. I love the horseback riding idea! Other things we've done is Ballet in the Park, demolition derbies and motocross (for the boys), mini golf, Goldeyes game, and I plan to take Rachel for pedicures very soon!

By the way, your kids are VERY cute!

Ashlee said...

Yes totally agree, such a treat to have that time one on one. (esp. for me at home things are usually pretty busy) and just to slow down and take that time out means the world to me and really blesses them.